It’s time to plan baby D’s 1st year birthday!!!!
- Number of pax, food, caterer, table and chairs to be discussed and booked
- Cake to be ordered and for that I have to decide on the theme first
- What kind of goody bag to be prepared. Again, this is dependend on the theme
- Candy buffet which I am going to organise by myself. It’s going to be fun! fun!fun!
I realise my life is one big pie chart. What happens in one sector does not affect the other.
My heart could be weeping and wailing in one sector, but in the others, I would be all smiles and having the best time of my life.
My worst in one sector will not be noted by those who are not part of that sector. Whereas, the select few ones who are, say I am strong-willed.
Most others just think I am lucky to have a beautiful life. I do. Mostly. At 95% at least.
I just can’t afford one shitty bad sector affect all the other wonderful things I have in life. That one sector is not me. I am all the sectors put together.
I just don’t know why but I almost fail each time I make Indian breakfast. Who could ever miss making Rava upma? Well, I could.
The only other time it was a success when I followed an online recipe. Here’s another How To.
I may try it for my dinner tonight. Before I receive pelts, the rest of the family gets hot steaming rice, tofu sothi with chives, fried Barred Spanish Mackerel. May make achovies sambal.
Both boys were so well behaved for my sister’s engagement ceremony. They were just so themselves.
No fuss, nothing whatsover. Let it be the noise or the crowd.
It did not deter them a bit.
To be honest, I did not expect them to be any different from what they usually are either nor did I anticipate them not being able to adapt.
In summary, all went well.
Just like his brother, D is not into crawling. He sits up on the bed more than on the floor. He needs some support for floor sitting though.
He gave us a preview a couple of months ago that he could stand by holding on to his coat. Now, he is letting go of his hands and taking one or two shaky baby steps.
He is such a joy to look at! My very own mini me!!
D is 10 months 21 days old.
This year happens to be the one where the most social activities and happening events are taking place compared to the last few years.
- Hubby and I went clubbing about three times already. By clubbing, I mean we went to bars for a drink or two. The last was to a club called Sutraa in Changkat Bukit Bintang.
- A holiday to Bali
- Actually looking forward to spending some time with each other and successfully finding the time
- Went for a overnight with office girlfriends
- Had group breakfast before office hours
- Invited two couples and their families for a post Deepavali dinner
- Meet a few of my high school girlfriends from high school
- Spending more and more quality time with both my babies
- Putting my foot down on things relating to my children
- Took N to Sunway Lagoon
- Made few trips to the mall and lunch or dinner with baby in tow
- I catch myself talking to people. No longer a wall flower
- I could sit and eat amongst people that I have just met, yap AND enjoy the food same time
- I no longer shy away from people. Seem to be confident and I can notice this myself
- When dancing till 1 am at a corporate dinner and had my face painted
- Had a beer in the full view of colleagues. Few jaws dropped. Hahaha
- When for a birthday party alone with lil N as hubby was away
- Made unplanned visit to an elderly relative’s place and had unexpected good time
- Went to another birthday party with the family to my girl friend’s place itch hubby & N. Stayed till nearly 11pm
- Prepared N’s birthday celebration at the kindy with no hassle and stress
- Likewise for Deepavali preparation and celebration
- Wore a saree after 4 years. This time for my sister’s engagement
After a disasterous first attempt at chapati, I was simply too traumatised to try anything remotely roti. The unopened atta flour packets were lying idle for more than a year. Not wanting to throw those away, I thought of looking around for a straight forward, no hassle recipe. I found it and here is the Paratha recipe which I followed. The outcome was more than what I bargained for.
It was simply awesome!
I am keeping the atta packets now! *wink*