This is what happened last evening.
Left the office premise.
Reached the hypermarket. Took the highway, albeit a longer route just to beat the slow traffic. Quickly picked the stuff need. In the rush, forgot to take a bottle of hand lotion. Reached the counters only to see long ques everywhere as only a limit few were open. The 10 items and below counter had the longest, but moving at a quicker rate than the rest.
Paid for the purchases and headed for the exit. The auto gate was closed as it was raining heavily. The rain was getting into the mall.
Barely a minute later, the janitor opened the door to let a few of us daring ones out. My car was the eleventh one from the exit. Got totally drenched within that short walk to the car. The rain was that heavy.
Reached home late. Due to the heavy rain, the other side of the road was flooded due to light rail transit construction going on. Spent about 25 minutes on the road. That other side of the road had to be cordoned and my side had to accommodate the incoming traffic. The traffic manoeuver caused the standstill.
Quickly tidied the house and room. Ran upstairs to take a nice hot quick shower. Hubby was working late. I had to pick the boys up from my parents’ place. If you think the adventure ended here, you are so wrong!
Left the house to pick the boys. The rain had subsided. Whereby, the road was visible now.
The standstill started. A 25 minutes ride became a 2 hours 35 minutes commute instead. I was least complaining. All thanks to owning a smart phone. These were what I was doing. It was a fruitful standstill after all. No. I have not gone crazy due to the bad traffic jam. This is why.
- Nice songs were playing in the radio.
- I had food supply meant for D. If I got hungry, I could have eaten that, which I did not, by the way.
- Luckily packed a soya bean packet for myself. Talk about farsightedness. The drawback, where am I to find a loo? Double luckily, no such tragedy happened too.
- Facebooking. Got to know Rajini is now on Twitter. Had to reactivate twitter. It is R.A.J.I.N.I. Therefore, I must be on twitter. Amidst some issues, managed to register myself.
- I am on twitter again.
- Whatsapped some girlfriends via our common group.
- As we are part of another group with a younger kids, a brainwave hit me. We must create another Whatsapp group including these kids as well.
- With that, I created a new group. Hell broke loose. Two of them are currently in The Netherlands. That did not stop the to & fro messaging, teasing, gossiping and what nots!
- Called mom/mom called me asking about my whereabouts in between. Decided that the boys should just stay put there. I would drive there anyway just to tuck them in. No point in bringing them back home asleep only to wake them up early in the morning to a ride back there. Plus, it is N’s exam week.
Reached parents’ place. N was fast asleep by the time I reached home. He was the main reason I stayed on as he would be crying and missing me like crazy if he doesn’t see me. I would normally have to tell him myself that he has to stay back with my parents. Anyway, D was wide awake. Played with him and had my dinner at about 10pm.
Stayed on and yapped a bit with father while I was eating. Carried the sleeping N upstairs after dinner and continued yapping, now with mom.
Left parents home at about 10.45pm. Had a nice and pleasant drive back home, with barely any traffic. Of course, there had to be a police road block and an accident. Even that was just in passing.
Reached home. Did some running around, preparing to cuddle up with a book in front of the TV. With Ipad in hand. The Dalai Lama was on TV. On MasterChef, to be precise. Had to watch right! Switched on the Ipad to check on a picture. Heard the gate opening. In comes, hubby. After much yapping and hearing a semi good news, I was too tired to read or even go out.