Marriage Each time I say something positive about my marriage, within a day, I am bound to jinx it. It was no exception after my last post! It was a while since we last fought like that. *Eyes rolling* Anyway, all is back to normal now.
Malaysia The police will now use the Sedition Act on people who incite racial or religious hatred. So, that is off my mind too. Facebook was misused by too many people. It does get to you sometimes. Perhaps, I was going through PMS.
Maturity/Wisdom Due to all the head spinning stuff and to prevent me from punching certain people, I ordered a cross stitching kit online. It is a sign of maturity and wisdom, I think. To channel all the anger into something useful. 🙂
Hobby There are some old blankets no longer used by the little one. I have decided to practise on my sewing skills. Thought of starting off by putting together a handsewn teddy.
Reading I have started reading on The Interpreter of Maladies. Why didn’t I read this before?
Reunion I am kind of organising a reunion for the 6 of us former college mates. A first in 13 years. We did our finals together. As unplanned it was, within a couple of hours, we got full acceptance with date, time & venue confirmed. How cool is that? Even a friend settled overseas is apparently back in town. It was a good thing I added her to our initial messages. Can’t wait for the meet up. I hope it would not turn into a disappointment. I don’t mean to be negative. It’s just that, the organisation was effortless.
Wish me luck!
I so wanted to blog about many things going on, be it about my maid, the racists in my country, the no good politicians, holier than thou humans, my weight, my frugal living, my children, husband. The list was simply endless. When the time finally came to jot these down, either my mind went blank or I wasn’t just into it. Finally, the time has come for me to pen down some of it.
- ‘We are more powerful than you’, ‘We want to safe guard our religion’, ‘You are pendatang’, ‘You are kafir’, ‘Other races are ungrateful’, ‘Go back to your own country’-these are used by some politicians to create distrust and disharmony among the races. Many of us are at least third generation Malaysians and they call us ‘Pendatang’. Sadly, some of the common people feel the same too.
- A certain blood shed date is also strewn there and here. That day was one of the blackest one in Malayan history. It was the day violent clashes happened between the races, resulting in many people being hurt or killed.
- Traces of other ancient civilisations in country are being wiped out in the name of the one religion.
- Malaysian history is being rewritten, giving prominence to a single race/religion.
- In the name of religion, hatred is spread. Religious forums are used to create mistrust and spread malicious stuff about other races and religions.
- Some people fail to realise that we are humans first, no need to use religion to divide the races for own selfish gains.
- Thankfully, the majority of us just ignore the ‘jokers’ and life is normal. It is just that sometimes, it does get to your nerves.
- I am waiting for March 2015. That is when her contract ends.
- Whenever I leave her on her own to do her work, she ends up not doing it or takes the longest time to do it or does 30% of the task or simply dozes off while doing the task.
- I have given up her a long time ago.
- Almost all of the projects I had in mind for this year (and those which sprang unannounced) are completed.
- A built in shoe rack and a minor shelving work is what is pending.
- As much as we fight, we bounce back pretty soon, too.
- I learnt through many other blogs, that most couple, regardless of the number of years they are married, do fight. So, we are not an exception. It is assuring to know that!
- I indulge in fart jokes with them.
- The younger one is such a gem to be with. He is trying to talk and the way he says and reacts to things is simply too cute.
- He understands EVERYTHING we say to him. Like the other day, I was telling the elder one I was going to throw his lunch box if he does not put it away. The younger one promptly carried the lunch box to the kitchen and was about the throw it into the garbage bin!
- The older one is testing both his and my limit. Temper tantrums are abound. He is also challenging me from time to time.
Like common sense, ethics are not that common either.
All in all, life is good. I managed to complete Amy Tan’s The Joy Luck Club in two days. That’s a feat given the last time that happened, I was still single!
I also managed to catch a few movies.
Was held last Sunday on the 5th of May 2013. My vote is confidential. I am not going to reveal if I voted for the ruling party or the opposition.
Some of the observations made:
- Malaysians from all walks of life came togather
- It was truly a Malaysian affair. There weren’t Indian, Malay, Chinese voters. It was us Malaysians coming hand in hand to vote
- The candidates’ race did not matter nor were the votes cast for one’s ‘own kind’
For me, Malaysia has won alright!
I’m all for it!
Though the traffic was bad the days before and horrible the night before, (I was not personally affected), the cause of Bersih was all good! So, not many people were actually bothered about being stuck on the roads for hours. The longest wait was for 5 hours!!
A lot of postings were made on Facebook about the traffic conditions. Mui included. On the day of the event, many postings were on the event, the leaders and reactions of Facebookers.
Organisor: Datuk Ambiga Sreenivasan (former Bar Council president)
Event colour: Yellow
Date of the event: 09 July 2011